Welcome to the Garden Club of Brookfield website! We love gardening and are happy to share our story with you.
The Garden Club of Brookfield was founded in 1962 and joined the Federated Garden Clubs of Connecticut in 1963.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The club shall operate as a non-profit organization working toward the beautification of Brookfield and educating our members and the community on good gardening practices and the conservation of our environment.
- Welcome to Brookfield Sign
- Museum Garden
- Flagpole Triangle Garden
- Williams Park and Blue Star Memorial
- Library Entrance and Garden
- Annual Plant Sale
- Holiday Wreaths and Decorations for Town
OUR OFFICERS OCTOBER 2019-SEPTEMBER 2021
- President: Joanne McKendry
- Vice-President: Betty Horton
- Treasurer: Sheila Stamboni
- Recording Secretary: Linda Padroff
- Recording Secretary: Dianne Mariano
- Corresponding Secretary: Norma Jean Macauto
Due to COVID-19 all in-person meetings and field trips in 2021 are postponed dependent upon state and town COVID regulations.
The Garden Club of Brookfield holds its general meetings on the third Thursday of each month at 10:00 am.
The format of a typical general meeting includes a welcome by our President, a program or presentation by a member or a visiting speaker, judging of artistic and horticultural exhibits from our members, and a business meeting. The meeting closes with a luncheon provided by a rotating team of hostesses.
The general public is welcome to attend the program/presentation portion of our meetings.
Occasionally, the club will sponsor a “field trip” for members in lieu of an on-site general meeting.
The Board of Directors meets once a month in advance of our general meetings.
Please check this site regularly for updates about our meetings.
2021 MEETING SCHEDULE
|January||Meeting not planned|
|February||Meeting not planned|
|March||General Meeting – 10am March 18 |
|April||Garden Working Day – SPRING – 10am April 15|
at the Museum Garden
|May||Meeting not planned|
|June||Meeting not planned|
|July||Meeting not planned|
|August||Meeting not planned|
|September||Garden Working Day – FALL – 10am September 16|
at the Museum Garden
|October||Annual Meeting – 10 am October 21|
|November||Meeting not planned|
|December||Meeting not planned|
The Garden Club of Brookfield welcomes new members throughout the year.
Applicants for Active Membership are asked to attend three general meetings of the club before an application for membership will be brought before the Board of Directors for a vote. Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month at 10:00 am. See the Meetings page for more details about the dates and structure of our general meetings.
Active members are encouraged to:
- attend at least six general meetings a year
- enter a minimum of six artistic and/or horticultural exhibits each year
- act as hostesses or co-hostesses of hospitality at least once during the year
- maintain and weed the Museum Garden as scheduled
- work on civic beautification projects
- work on the plant sale and contribute items for sale
- support other club-sponsored activities when asked
Read the Member Application Form below for more details.